Many people unknowingly suffer from hormone imbalance. This can cause a host of medical problems which should be dealt with as soon as possible, and our providers at Advanced Integrated Medicine can help.
Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance
With the variety of hormones that can suffer from imbalances, your symptoms can vary wildly. It’s worth talking with a doctor about common symptoms you’re feeling, such as exhaustion or weight gain; hormone imbalance can cause or be the result of many other conditions. Some of the signs of hormone imbalance are:
- Estrogen (oestrogen): Weight gain, breast cancer, hot flashes (hot flushes), joint pain, migraines
- Testosterone: Low libido, male pattern baldness, Irregular menses
- Melatonin: Lack of sleep, insomnia, depression
- Ghrelin: Excessive hunger, overeating
- Thyroid: Hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, anxiety, irregular heartbeat
- Aldosterone: High blood pressure
- Cortisol: Weight gain, Excessive stress, high blood pressure
- Progesterone: Low libido, mood swings, cramps, acne, urinary tract infections
- DHEA: Adrenal fatigue, joint pain, frequent sickness, loss of muscle mass
Since many people (both women AND men) typically experience an imbalance of more than one hormone, you may experience a number of these symptoms that can potentially interrupt your overall health and vitality. Hormone Imbalance Treatment can be a complex medical issue and as such, a variety of options are available to treat or help.
Treatments for imbalanced hormones can include:
- Changes in lifestyle, such as increased exercise, healthier diet, better sleep and reduced stress.
- Vitamins & supplements, such as vitamin D, calcium, dandelion, melatonin, zinc and black cohosh.
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT), including bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), hormone pills, pellets and combination therapy.
Contact Advanced Integrated Medicine in San Antonio to learn how we can help you!